Japanese Journal of Veterinary Anesthesia and Surgery (JJVAS)
Aims and Scope
JJVAS is a peer-reviewed, open access journal focused on veterinary anesthesia and surgery. JJVAS publishes a range of paper types, including reviews, original research, brief notes, letters, technical insights, and special contributions, all contributing to the advancement of this field.
All papers in JJVAS can be read by anyone after their acceptance upon J-Stage
- Online ISSN: 2189-6631
- Print ISSN: 2189-6623
- ISSN-L: 0916-5908
- Takayuki NAKAGAWA. Laboratory of Veterinary Surgery, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, University of Tokyo, 1-1-1, Yayoi, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, Japan, 113-8657.
Vice Editor in Chief
- Makoto FUJIKI. Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Kagoshima University, 1-21-24 Korimoto, Kagoshima-shi, Kagoshima, Japan, 890-0065.
- Tadashi SANO. Department of Clinical Veterinary Medicine, Obihiro university, Nishi 2-11, Inada-cho, Obihiro-shi, Hokkaido, Japan, 080-8555.
- Tomohiro OSAKI. Department of Veterinary Clinical Medicine, School of Veterinary Medicine, Tottori University, 4-101 Koyama-minami, Tottori-shi, Tottori, Japan, 680-8553.
- Masatoshi KAMATA. Veterinary Medical Center, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 1-1-1, Yayoi, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, Japan, 113-8657.
- Kosuke HAII. Togasaki animal hospital. 3-528-1 Togasaki, Misato-shi, Saitama, Japan, 341-0044.
- Munekazu NAKAICHI. Department of Veterinary Radiology, Joint Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Yamaguchi University, 1677-1 Yoshida, Yamaguchi-shi, Yamaguchi, Japan, 753-8511.
- Author ship: The first author and corresponding author of submitted manuscripts, excluding invited manuscripts, must be members of the Japanese Society of Veterinary Anesthesia and Surgery. All authors must have substantially contributed to the study, including its conception, design, data handling, critical manuscript review, and approval of the submitted and subsequent versions for publication.
- Publication fees: Authors are not charged a fee to publish their manuscripts in JJVAS.
- Copyright: When citing copyrighted documents, including figures and materials, authors must obtain permission for reproduction from the copyright holder. Copyright for papers published in JJVAS belongs to the Japanese Society of Veterinary Anesthesia and Surgery.
- Conflict of Interest: Authors are required to disclose any financial or personal relationships that could be perceived to influence the manuscript. The editors reserve the right to reject or retract manuscript due to conflicts of interest.
Peer Review Process
The chief editor may reject a manuscript prior to review if it is deemed unsuitable for JJVAS. The acceptance or rejection of submitted manuscripts will be determined by the editorial board after peer review by two or more referees. Manuscripts are typically published in the order of the completion of the review process.
JJVAS is typically published quarterly in March, June, September, and December. However, due to occasional manuscript shortages, publication dates may vary.
Ownership and Management
JJVAS is published and managed by the Japanese Society of Veterinary Anesthesia and Surgery.
Archiving and Preservation
JJVAS content is archived and preserved on J-Stage to ensure ongoing access in the event of journal discontinuation.
JJVAS is a society journal funded by the Japanese Society of Veterinary Anesthesia and Surgery through membership dues. We do not charge author fees, and editorial decisions are not influenced by publishing fees or waivers.
Advertising and Direct marketing
JJVAS does not include advertisements in its publication, and it does not engage in any direct marketing activities on behalf of the journal. Our publication information, intended for our members, is presented truthfully and without misleading content.
Publication Ethics and Publication Malpractice Statement
At JJVAS, we are dedicated to upholding the highest standards of publication ethics, which are reflected in our commitment to the following principles:
- Originality: Authors must submit original work that has not been published elsewhere. Plagiarism, data fabrication, and manipulation are strictly prohibited. Authors found to have committed plagiarism may face manuscript rejection, retraction of published papers, and notification to their affiliated institution.
- Ethical Oversight: Research involving animals or animal-derived samples must adhere to the guidelines established by the authors' affiliations and include the approval number from their institution's animal experiment committee or equivalent. Manuscripts involving client-owned animals for investigating new/unproven/comparative treatments or procedures should include a statement confirming that informed consent was obtained from the animals' owners.
- Data Sharing and Reproducibility: JJVAS prioritizes research transparency and reproducibility. Authors are expected to share their data, cite datasets appropriately, describe research methods clearly, and handle data ethically.
- Peer Review: Manuscripts submitted to JJVAS undergo a rigorous peer review process to ensure the quality and validity of published articles. Reviewers are selected based on their expertise and impartiality.
- Editorial Independence: Our editorial decisions are based solely on the quality of the work.
- Conflict of Interest: Authors, reviewers, and editors are required to disclose potential conflicts of interest that may affect their objectivity.
- Intellectual Property: JJVAS upholds high publication ethics standards, including intellectual property. Authors must respect copyright rules. Plagiarism, data fabrication, and manipulation are strictly prohibited and may result in manuscript rejection or retraction of published papers. Our commitment ensures compliance with copyright laws, protecting intellectual property rights.
- Corrections and Retractions: JJVAS is committed to correcting errors and retracting articles when necessary.
- Transparency: Authors are encouraged to provide accurate and complete information. Errors or inaccuracies should be promptly reported.
- Complaints and Appeals: JJVAS is committed to addressing any complaints or appeals related to our publications. If you have a concern, please email us at the Society Office (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will conduct a thorough review and provide a transparent resolution process.
- Post-Publication Discussions and Corrections: At JJVAS, we maintain high publication ethics standards, which extend to post-publication. We promptly correct errors, offer a platform for discussions, and, when necessary, retract articles. Active participation from authors and readers ensures an accurate scholarly record.
This statement underscores our unwavering dedication to maintaining the integrity and ethical standards of academic publishing. We encourage authors, reviewers, and readers to familiarize themselves with these principles.
- Both editorial and general enquiries should be directed to email@example.com.
- Japanese Society of Veterinary Anesthesia and Surgery. Society Office
- 2-9-19 Azukizawa, Itabashi-ku, Tokyo 174-0051, Japan
- TEL: +81-3-5918-8070
- FAX: +81-3-5918-8080